Location: Washington, DC
Hours: 20-30 hours a week, minimum.
Term: December 2012 - April 2013
Salary: $18-25/hr, depending on experience/education.
Position Summary: The Web & E-Campaigns Assistant is responsible for assisting the Communications Department in maintaining the web, online advocacy, and new media properties for Jobs with Justice and American Rights at Work. The individual will specifically assist in online campaign and blog production, HTML coding and editing, metrics reporting, e-CRM data analysis and list maintenance, basic web design and site maintenance, and other technical needs. This is a temporary, termed contract position.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE & DEVELOPMENT
- Assists in maintaining websites and blogs by creating, updating, and developing web content and troubleshooting site issues using WYSIWYG editor and HTML.
- Makes and implements recommendations on how to keep our websites organized, clear, well-functioning, and user-friendly.
- Conducts and shares timely and regular analysis of website traffic.
ONLINE ADVOCACY PRODUCTION
- Assists in maintenance of contacts in email lists and databases.
- Assists with email message production, editing, and testing as well as segmenting and updating email lists.
- Conducts and shares timely and regular analysis of email campaign performance and online strategies.
- Assists with development of online advocacy campaigns.
- Proofreads content before and after its publication to the website/distribution.
- Works with communications staff and various departments on content development and content updates.
- Provides regular communication and updates on all projects and tasks.
- Acts as a line of support for technical issues when necessary.
- HTML skills – with proven ability to hand code or fix code.
- Experience with Salsa/DIA or another e-CRM a strong plus.
- Photoshop proficiency.
- Understanding of web editing and development applications and familiarity with WordPress, Drupal, Java, and Joomla a plus.
- Experience with InDesign and Illustratror a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Basic proofreading and editing skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, etc).
- 1–2 years of relevant job/externship/internship experiences.
- Interest in and knowledge of labor, social justice, and/or progressive policy and advocacy issues.
How to Apply:
Submit resume & links to relevant portfolio projects, cover letter/letter of interest, and general hours of availability.
When to Apply: Now to November 27, 2012
Target Start Date: December 1, 2012
Where to Apply:
No phone calls, please.